The Mad Lab

Monthly Halloween Prop Building Contest

Forums

Forum Home > Tutorials > Attack of the Plasti-Beasts!!!

Soul Echo Entertainment

The town of Dixie was just like any other small town in America...it was close, it was caring...it was normal.  Well...it WAS normal.

It was a beautiful day.  The bright summer sun warmed the earth, while a cool breeze kept it tolerable. Several of the families in the community had decided to get together at the local park for a fun day of games, swimming and barbeque.  Had they only known then, what they know now...I guarantee you, their choices would have been different.

As the men gathered around the grills, the aroma of hamburgers and hot dogs mixed with the smell of charcoal and lighter fluid.  An odd combination indeed, but one that longed for during those cold winter months.  Child scampered all around playing games of cowboys and indians, hide and seek and throwing water ballons at each other.  The women of the community huddled together to discuss the new engagements, babies on the way and that hot new actor on their favorite daytime TV shows.

However...as the families began to prepare plates for meals...an odd fog rolled across the countryside. It carried in it  the pungent stench of death and decay...and something else...something EVIL.

People gasped in horror as their simple platic dinnerware began to trmeble and contort itself into odd shapes until it finally resembled macabre plastic versions of common insects.  The creatures leapt at the dazzed and confused people with a ferocity and determination unrivaled by common beasts much larger that they.  It did not take long before those poor souls were devoured by these plastic beasts and the beasts headed towards the heart of town.

Word spread quickly after the first few attacks and townsfolks began to bolt themselves into their cellars...making sure to block any holes that the creatures might be able to enter through.  They hoped that this would pass and they would soon be able to emerge safely from their homes.

The creatures remained for 36 days.

Some folks died of starvation during this time...but those who remained were saved...by rain of all things. 36 days after the creatures first came to life..and normal rainstorm(the kind you never want to see in summer) rolled across the state.  No one was sure why it worked, but as the rain began to fall on the creatures...they seemed to become lethargic and eventually just drop to the ground dead.  If they were ever really alive to begin with.

The plastic carcasses were gathered up and burned outside of town.  A few specimens were kept to be studied...below are the pictures of these creatures.

--

I make HELL a family place...at least for three nights a year!!!

June 19, 2009 at 11:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chief Baldeagle

really cool!  I had the same thoughts but no time.  Glad to see there are other demented people around to bump up the sickness!  (do you think DEET would have had any effect?)

--

As you are now I once was - As I am now you will be

June 20, 2009 at 12:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grim Grove Keeper

I tried to do this too but i couldn't get them to stick together. i used hot glue, how'd you do it?

June 21, 2009 at 1:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Soul Echo Entertainment

Grim Grove Keeper at 01:15AM on Jun 21, 2009

I tried to do this too but i couldn't get them to stick together. i used hot glue, how'd you do it?

I just glued them together...no special tricks.  I have a dual-temp glue gun and set it to the lower temp...so that the glue didn't get too hot and runny.

--

I make HELL a family place...at least for three nights a year!!!

June 21, 2009 at 2:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.